[mou] Am. White Pelican and Sandhill Cranes, Louisville Swamp, Scott Co

George B Skinner george.skinner at gte.net
Mon Jun 18 19:05:16 CDT 2007

During the MRVAC outing to the Louisville Swamp Unit of the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge on 16 June 07 we saw a large number of pelicans in the impoundment on Sand Creek. I was surprised to see them this soon. Has anyone heard if the nesting has failed again out west? Or could these be un-paired birds?

There were 3 Sandhill Cranes on the eastern shore of the impoundment.

The water is being drawn down and large mud flats are developing.

George Skinner
Minnetonka, MN