[mou] Dakota Cty Loggerhead Shrikes

chetmeyers at visi.com chetmeyers at visi.com
Wed Jun 20 15:30:03 CDT 2007

Chet Meyers writes:
I think earlier this spring someone reported on the more--or-less regular
shrikes on Emery Road, but just to confirm they are still around.  I drove
Emery (just east of Highway 52) between 180th and 160th St. in Dakota County
and found two Loggerhead Shrikes in different locations clinging tenaciously to
the telephone wires in a 20 m.p.h wind.  There are probably more around and they
may be sitting on nests.  A couple of years ago there were three or four
families on Emery Road and on 180th.
Chet Meyers