[mou] Sherburne, southern Mille Lacs + Twin Cities Report
Pastor Al Schirmacher
pastoral at princetonfreechurch.net
Thu Jun 21 09:37:25 CDT 2007
99 species this week in the area (including a Saturday morning visit to
Cliff Fen & Ft. Snelling in the cities):
* Eight flycatchers, including a Western Kingbird on Sherburne CR 8, about
1/2 mile south of CR 10 (regular in the area there)
* Bell's Vireo, Cliff Fen (heard only)
* Eleven warblers, including the Chat at Cliff Fen & Prothonotary at Ft.
Snelling - songs beginning to diminish in the refuge - Mourning,
Golden-winged and Blue-winged still easy finds on Blue Hill Trail
* Eleven sparrows, including the Henslow's on Sherburne CR 70
* Seven blackbirds, including an Orchard Oriole on Sherburne NWR's Prairie
Wildlife Tour (parking lot near entrance) and Western Meadowlarks on
Sherburne CR 8 and the Wildlife Tour this morning (latter not consistently
* Semipalmated Sandpiper at Sherburne CR 2, couldn't tell whether he/she was
faced north or south - so either late or early - more white on the face &
neck then used to seeing - otherwise classic
* Golden-crowned Kinglets on Blue Hill Trail (conifer section).
Misses include: Northern Harrier & American Kestrel - Sora & Virginia
Rail - both Cuckoos (have gone quiet) - Ruby-throated Hummingbird - Belted
Kingfisher (numbers way down this year in the area) - Red-headed Woodpecker
(have only seen in the refuge/area twice this spring).
Good birding to all!
Mille Lacs & Sherburne Counties
More information about the mou-net