[mou] Old Cedar Avenue Bridge

Williams, Bob BXWilliams at CBBURNET.COM
Fri Jun 22 13:36:48 CDT 2007

On July 14th we have an opportunity to show the MN Legislature that we
really want the Old Cedar Avenue Bridge in Bloomington to be replaced so
that we can have better access to the Long Meadow Lake Unit of the MN
Valley NWR.  Representative Ann Lenczewski from Bloomington has worked
hard on this issue since the old bridge was shut down.  She is very
confident that she can get funding for a new bridge included in the
bonding bill that will be passed in the next legislative session, but
she needs to show her fellow legislators that there is strong popular
support for this project.  She has arranged to have key legislators
visit the site on Saturday, July 14th around noon.  We need to show our
support by attending this rally in large numbers.  Other constituent
groups such as the bikers are planning to be there as well, but we need
to be there too to show our political strength.  I suggest that we all
bring our binoculars so it will be clear who we are.
Not only do we need to help support Ann Lenczewski's efforts to get
funding, but we need to be at the table when the bridge is designed and
built.  I urge you to take an hour or two out of your day on Saturday,
July 14th and head to the Old Cedar Avenue Bridge to show your support.
The bridge can be reached by exiting Hwy 77(Cedar Avenue) at Old
Shakopee Rd.(just south of 494 in Bloomington) and traveling west to the
first stoplight.  Parking at the bottom of the hill may be limited so
watch for signs directing you to nearby parking areas and be prepared to
walk down the hill to the bridge.
If you would like to help out as a volunteer please let me know.  I'm
particularly looking for someone who might be able to video the event
and put together a short edited version for YouTube.
I will have more details as we get closer to the event.
Bob Williams, Field Trip Coordinator