[mou] Yellow-breasted Chat, Blue Earth County

rdunlap at gac.edu rdunlap at gac.edu
Sat Jun 23 17:18:25 CDT 2007

This morning around 8:30 a friend and I found a Yellow-breasted Chat
at Minneopa State Park just south of Mankato in Blue Earth County.
 From the campground entrance off Hwy. 68, drive into the park and
take your first left into the prairie. Drive all the way back to where
the road begins to veer left towards the hills. We found the chat
singing on the right side of the road at this spot. There is a group
of several dead and gnarled oak trees on the right just before this
area as a reference point. The chat was singing (visibly) from a dense
stand of sumac and shrubs about 10 yards from the road.

Bob Dunlap, Carver County