[mou] Carver Park Reserve and Chaska Lake

John Cyrus cyrus150 at hotmail.com
Tue May 1 13:15:10 EDT 2007

Activity has certainly picked up as of late.  Highlight of the morning at
Carver Park was a likely Merlin that flew right above me.     Also seen
Yellow-rumped Warbler(30+), Palm Warbler(10), Yellow Warbler(1), Tennessee
Warbler(2), Black and White Warbler(1),  both Kinglets, Blue-gray
Gnatcatcher, Brown Thrasher, and 7 sparrow species.  Strangely there were
still a couple of Juncos around.  I would have thought they would be gone by
now.

Chaska Lake was relatively quiet.  It was the first time I could get there
this year because of flooding.    Just the usuals in the lake: Coot,
Blue-winged Teal, Northern Shoveler, Egret, and Heron.    The surrounding
area was quiet. I flushed a Kingfisher, a couple of House Wrens(was hoping
for the Marsh), and an American Kestrel.  Two Broad-winged Hawks were
circling low over the lake.

John