[mou] Minnesota bird spots

Richard Wood rwoodphd at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 14:34:20 EDT 2007

Hi all,

We've just moved to Minnesota (we've been here since April 28th), and I was wondering if there is anyplace online that one could find a list of good places to bird as well as where they are located, and how to get there.

So far, the only places I know of are the Carpenter Nature Center, the bike trail that goes down to the Mississippi River, here in Hastings, the 140 St. Marsh, and the Minnesota Valley NWR (the last two of which I've yet to go to).

I've googled for places to bird in Minnesota, but I've yet to find anything useful.

So far, I've seen 42 species in the state, not including the Broad-winged Hawk and Peregrine Falcon we saw at the Raptor Release yesterday.

Good birding,
Richard
Hastings, MN

Richard L. Wood, Ph. D.