[mou] White-eyed Vireo--Henn. Cty.

James Pomplun jpomplun at cpinternet.com
Tue May 8 16:00:58 EDT 2007

That White-eyed Vireo I mentioned yesteday turned out to be a White-eyed
Vireo. How much difference a day and the sun angle can make! Today around
11:00am I saw the bird singing at Bass Ponds by the creek path not too far
from marker #4. It was moving clockwise today on its way toward marker #5.
The white iris was visible if not spectacular, and the "spectacles" were
just the yellow from the head moving toward the bill. In 25 hours I went
from 95% sure it was a Bell's Vireo to 100% it was a White-eyed. Several
people saw it there today. Jim