[mou] about the metro

Steve Weston sweston2 at comcast.net
Thu May 10 02:13:50 EDT 2007

I was up at dawn this morning and the chorus of warblers was exciting.  But,
I did not have time to bird.  I did find a Tennessee Warbler and then a
gray-backed thrush (either a Gray-cheek or Swainsons) and a new bird: a
Common Yellowthroat.

About noon today I was parked by the IDS marsh when I noticed a frog.  IDS
marsh?   Actually, I was downtown across from the IDS building when suddenly
a Gray Treefrog  jumped onto my window.  The sudden magical appearance of a
frog on my window in downtown Minneapolis is one of the stranger interfaces
with nature that I have experienced.  I collected the frog and set him in
the car, where he rode with me appearing and disappearing through most of
the day.   By the time I arrived home, he was missing somewhere in the car.
I left the window open and hope that I was correct in rescuing him from the
hostile sterile downtown habitat.  Of course, I may have been wrong.  A
treefrog that can walk on the glass window of the skyscrapers may have
trived in the glass and steel jungle.

sweston2 at comcast.net