[mou] Possible Black-Throated Gray Warbler, Hennepin Co

Frank Berdan fberdan3 at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 12:28:28 EDT 2007

This morning at Bass Ponds, a bunch of us were trying
to find the Summer Tanager and White-Eyed Vireo
[between markers 4 & 5], to no avail.  However, a
warbler was heard with a song not far different from
that of a Black-Throated Green, but not quite right.
I got two brief looks at about 10:00.  The active
warbler looked a bit like a Black-and-White, but its
chest band on a white chest was obvious both times.
We spent the next half hour fighting glare and leaves,
then I left to post in hopes of enlisting more help
and eventual confirmation.  Referring to Sibley here
at home, this bird’s chest band is narrower than the
painting on p. 437, the streaks on the side not so
pronounced, and the yellow lores were not observed.

Members of the Bass-Ponds group also saw Harris’ and
White-Crowned sparrows.

At Diamond Lake, Richfield, three Caspian Terns at
7:00 a.m., but alas no apparent Neotropical Cormorant.

Frank Berdan
651-343-5226

____________________________________________________________________________________Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC