[mou] Park Pt. Today

Mike Hendrickson smithville4 at charter.net
Mon May 14 15:52:08 EDT 2007

A small thunderstorm came over Duluth this morning causing some fog to settle over Duluth, so I decided to head to the point for some birding.

Highlights:
-9 Marbled Godwits on Herding Island
-7 Semipalmated Plovers on Herding Isl.
-1 Dunlin on Herding Isl.
-Gadwall near the rowing club on Park Pt.

Other than that the birding was rather dull.  A few migrants are in though.
-Eastern Kingbird
-Purple Martin
-Chimney Swifts
-Cape May Warbler
-Chestnut-sided Warbler

*there have been at least 2 pairs of Red Crossbills hanging around St. Elizabeth Catholic Church in Gary-New Duluth.

** I need 3 people to join me on the May 19th Lake Superior Boat Trip. Email if you are interested. I checked out the lake today and the lake still has lots of gulls, terns and waterfowl on it.  IF I cannot get 3 more people then I will have to cancel the trip.  I need to know by Thursday May 17th.  I know there is at least a 1,000 birding festivals going on in Minnesota that weekend but if you want to head some place that offers something different give it a try. (-:

Michael Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota
Lake Superior Boat Trips
http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/