[mou] BTBW at Wood Lake this morning

Alt, Mark Mark.Alt at bestbuy.com
Wed May 16 09:46:03 EDT 2007

The entrance to Wood Lake Nature Center from Bryant Avenue in Richfield
still puts you in the proximity of an actively singing Black-Throated
Blue Warbler, at least that was true from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM this
morning. I got some video footage of it, but it was high up and backlit,
so it may not be worth putting on the video gallery on the MOUMN.org
website. Dave Cahlander has done a great job rigging up an interface for
the videos that matches the format of the photo gallery. Go use it and
check it out, we are up to over 70 species on it right now! This bird on
this morning confined its movements to three cottonwoods, always 40 feet
or higher up, but it sang every ten seconds for the hour I was there.
The song does not seem to carry far; barely audible from 100 feet away,
perhaps due to the cacophony of 35W nearby. I packed up my camera when
the chain saws started singing at 8 AM. Many Blue-headed Vireos,
Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, and Tennessee Warblers were still in evidence.
Good Birding.

Mark Alt
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Project Resources Group