[mou] Dakota Co Mockingbird

Larry Sirvio lmsirvio at comcast.net
Thu May 17 18:01:06 EDT 2007

How ironic - after spending time with Craig Mandel in the cemetery in Mora,
MN looking for the mockingbird - I stumbled onto one at the Archery Range
picnic pavilion (part of Spring Lake Park Reserve - west of Hastings, MN). I
had gone there looking for the wood thrush after missing it on Monday.
It was perched on a sign post near the pavilion. I followed it when it flew
but never saw it again. I made the loop aroung the archery range and looked
again an hour later with no success. We did hear two wood thrushes at the
end of the walk around the loop.

The archery range is at the end of Fahey Avenue which goes north off Highway
55 a few miles west of Hastings.

Larry Sirvio
Cottage Grove