[mou] Field Research Opportunity: Ecuador Cloud Forest Birds

esteb02 at frontiernet.net esteb02 at frontiernet.net
Fri May 18 21:36:51 EDT 2007

Here is a last minute opportunity to do some important field research
on birds in the cloud forest birds of Ecuador at a very low price.
This research was previously sponsored by Earthwatch, but has since
gone on it's own being completely run by Dr. Dusti Becker from
Lifenet. I personally went on a related trip to Ecuador in January of
this year and paid almost twice as much when it was an Earthwatch sponsored
program, so it is a "super" deal at this price. If you are interested in
tropical South American birds with an emphasis in cock-of-the-rock and
hummingbirds, you will enjoy this trip!

Dr. Becker has three people signed up for this trip so far and needs
to have three more in order to pay for it. Since I totally support
this project, I told her I'd help pass on the info. Ecuador has more
bird life than any other place on Earth. It is a birder's paradise!
http://www.mnzoo.com/conservation/International/CAT/EcuadorBirds.asp

Like I mentioned, I went on a related trip and it's well worth it! I
totally enjoyed it. It's an opportunity of a lifetime. It's also 100%
tax deductible! And I guarantee that you'd never be able to do this
trip cheaper on your own.

http://www.lifenetnature.org/EcuadorProjectPromo.pdf

Steve Estebo
Avian Zoologist