[mou] Caution when reporting birds

Terence Brashear birdnird at yahoo.com
Fri May 18 23:10:08 EDT 2007

I post this message as my own comment.  It is not in anyway associated with the MOU EEC Committee or my role as a moderator.  If this is an unacceptable post then I am willing to resign my role as a moderator of this list.

Some recent posts have raised concern over the understanding of what is considered a rarity in the state of MN.  I have seen species mentioned in the past months that are highly sought species, but are buried at the bottom of the message; almost as an afterthought.

If you are posting message to the list, please take time to understand the status of the species in the state of MN.  Your sightings are scientifically significant and others might take time off to see a real rarity.

Regards

Terry Brashear
Hennepin County, MN
http://www.naturepixels.com