[mou] Names & Locations Citations

fred lesher corax6330 at yahoo.com
Sat May 19 11:38:25 EDT 2007

To All: When offering a bird sighting, please cite a
local community, county, & nearest major highway down
to county & township roads, and the state. In some
cases, even town, range & section. As a subscriber to
four birdnets, two in Minnesota & one each in
Wisconsin & Iowa, I am sometimes "lost" without some
basic map details. There are literally 10,000s at
least of locations possible, and we all deserve
convenient & helpful locations cited.

Remember, local & some state locations may be familiar
to you & your birding friends, but not to relative
strangers & newcomers to the list & to birding.

Also, there is more than one "Lost Lake", and I don't
know how many "Round Lakes" even in one state,let
alone four states.

Thanks to everyone.

Fred Lesher
LaCrosse, Wis.