[mou] Lake County birds

Jim Lind jslind at frontiernet.net
Sun May 20 02:20:12 EDT 2007

Sharon Lind and I birded Lake County in the rain and fog on Saturday
and had some great sightings.  At the Beaver Bay sewage ponds there
was a female Smith's Longspur, a Greater White-fronted Goose, a Ruddy
Duck, and two Sandhill Cranes.  At the Castle Danger sewage ponds
there was an Eared Grebe and a Yellow-headed Blackbird.

We also saw a female Summer Tanager at a home along East Lakeshore
Drive, just northeast of Silver Bay.  This is the exact same spot one
was seen in late November last year so I assume the bird
overwintered, although I haven't talked to the homeowners yet.

There was even a male Bobolink singing from the top of a dumpster in
Beaver Bay.

Jim Lind
Two Harbors