[mou] saturday at whiteface resivoir

TeamVagrant at aol.com TeamVagrant at aol.com
Sun May 20 18:50:18 CDT 2007

My step-dad and I ran to the lake quickly for a couple chores.   Whiteface is
in central St/Louis county.  Just before leaving I took a walk  down the
trail about 20 yards.  Within 5 (at the most)minutes and standing  in one spot, I
counted 13 warbler sp.  Had a great look at a Bay-Breasted  from 10 feet
preaning and fluffing away the wet day.  They were all so  close and just dripping
from the trees.
Bay-breasted, Nashville, Blackpoll, Chestnut-sided, Yellow, Magnolia,
Redstart, Black-throated Green, Tennessee, Black and White, Yellow-rump, Palm,
Blackburnian.
If I didn't have to go, and could have spent another half hour, who knows
what would have shown up.
Just think If I my had Binoculars!
I had never experienced such a thing before.  wow.
Chris Elmgren