[mou] Red-throated Loons at Park Point

Eckert K R eckertkr at gmail.com
Thu May 24 12:21:12 CDT 2007

As of noon today, the only real highlight at Park Point in Duluth was
the count of 17 Red-throated Loons on L Superior made by Mike
Hendrickson and I from the 31st Street access. Also visible from here
were 2 Western Grebes, but otherwise the birding was relatively
uneventful with the change in weather: light SW-W winds and light rain
off and on all morning.

At the Recreation Area there were 4 White-rumped Sandpipers in the
mudflats by the restroom building, plus 2 or 3 Red-headed Woodpeckers
near the main parking lot, and Keith Pulles reported a singing
Connecticut Warbler there. Mike was still birding when I left around
noon, so something may still turn up.

Kim Eckert

(Please note new e-mail address <eckertkr at gmail.com>)