[mou] Why is Park Point so good?

shawn conrad dingermcduff at hotmail.com
Fri May 25 19:57:27 CDT 2007

Here's a little question I have about Park Point.  I'll have to admit that I
seem to make it there on the boring days more often than not, but sometimes
I have a good day.  Anyway, I understand why water birds like Red-throated
Loons and Whimbrels are found there and I understand why it is often good in
autumn due to the 'funneling' effect of Lake Superior.  However, I don't
really understand why western land birds like Scissor-tailed Flycatcher and
Western Kingbird would turn up there in spring.  Does anyone know why this
is?  Why do these birds seem to disappear into obscurity after leaving the
point?

Why aren't more of them showing up in Itasca County?!? :)