[mou] Connecticut Warbler

Alex Cruz cruzcolibri at yahoo.com
Sun May 20 17:07:24 CDT 2007

A lifer and a subsequent new yard bird was a Connecticut Warbler that flew into our breezeway window earlier today. Dan found it while taking our dog Felix out the back door. The warbler seemed stunned but unhurt. I gently scooped it into a box and covered it, and then let it recover in a quiet spot. I opened the box later and it popped out, looked around and then flew into the thicket that is the edge of our backyard. It seemed alert and strong when it was released. I hope it makes it.

  -Alex Cruz and Dan Karvonen
  Crystal, Hennepin Co, MN