[mou] Fw: Prairie Warbler at Ritter Farm Park, Dakota County

David A. Cahlander david at cahlander.com
Mon May 28 21:42:51 CDT 2007

From: Williams, Bob

We stopped by Ritter Farm Park with some friends from Tennessee this afternoon and shortly after telling them about the Prairie Warbler that had been seen there in a previous year we heard a Prairie Warbler calling ahead on the trail.  It called repeatedly from an area that is closer to the parking lot than the previous one and is near the row of coniferous trees that is at the top of a hill NW of the parking lot.  I know that is vague and I apologize.  I believe others saw the bird and can give better directions than I can.  Ritter Farm Park is reached by exiting I-35 at 185th St.  You then get on the frontage road that goes south along the east side of the highway.  After you pass a lake on your left you can cross over the freeway to the west side where you will find a gravel road that travels back north and into the park.  Go to the end of the road and park at the main parking area.  There are maps of the park there.
Bob Williams, Bloomington