[mou] Common Moorhen in Duluth

Laura Erickson chickadee.erickson at gmail.com
Wed May 30 05:34:15 CDT 2007

Yesterday, one of the people on my weekly warbler walk to the Western
Waterfront Trail (beneath the Indian Point campground) spotted a Common
Moorhen at the far side of the marsh.  It was at a distance and the light
was poor, but I did take and post a lousy but identifiable photo of it on my
blog at
http://lauraerickson.blogspot.com/2007/05/last-western-waterfront-trail-spring.html

--
Laura Erickson
www.lauraerickson.com

There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of birds.  There
is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature--the
assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter.

--Rachel Carson