[mou] Grand Rapids birds

Wes Bailey jwbp54 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 12:27:03 CST 2007

Greetings MNBirders,

My wife Courtney Kerns and I recently moved to Grand Rapids from Missouri.
With that, I'm not too sure the notability of the following birds, but
because others are reporting them from the Duluth-North Shore area, I
thought I'd share our sightings from further west.

Over the weekend (Nov 3-4), we found a flock of ~30 snow buntings ~4 miles
north of Grand Rapids at Gunn Park off Hwy 38. We also had the following
birds in our yard: pine grosbeak (3) and northern shrike. This morning a
male northern cardinal appeared at our feeder despite not being seen for a
few days; last week we had both a male and female at our feeder. Also last
week Courtney observed a boreal chickadee in the back yard; hasn't been seen
since.

Wes Bailey
Grand Rapids, MN
email: jwbp54ATgmail.com