[mou] Northern Pine County birds

Deb Sewell Deb.Sewell at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Nov 6 09:45:55 CST 2007

On Saturday morning my husband and I took a drive to Crooked Lake east of Sandstone. There were several hundred ducks there, mostly ring necked ducks and scaup, and three trumpeter swans (2 adults, 1 immature).

I saw my first pine grosbeak of the fall on Sunday. A lone male visited my feeder, then perched in a dead spruce tree for about 20 minutes. Then, on Monday morning three evening grosbeaks visited the feeder briefly. At least two evening grosbeaks came to the feeder this morning, and on my way to work I saw my first snow buntings of the fall.

Deb Sewell
http://whitepines.blogspot.com