[mou] cc: re: [mnbird] A Merganser/Goldeneye hybrid on Lake Vadnais?

jeff fischer tiercel63 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 06:38:31 CST 2007

I witnessed the hybrid on Sunday also. In doing a little research on the web I found that it is not all that uncommon to find a common goldeneye x hooded merganser hybrid. I have found reports and pictures that have been posted from numerous states. There have also been hybrids which have thought to have been with the Barrow's goldeneye but the pattern on this bird would suggest that it is with a common goldeneye. I did get some good photos that I will post when I get some time so that everyone can decide for themselves.

Thanks,
Jeff Fischer
http://ecobirder.blogspot.com/