[mou] FW: Restoring the Red Wing CBC

Laura Coble shearwater45 at frontiernet.net
Thu Nov 15 17:50:58 CST 2007

  _____

From: Laura Coble [mailto:shearwater45 at frontiernet.net]
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 5:44 PM
To: 'mnbird at lists.mnbird.net'
Subject: Restoring the Red Wing CBC

Hi everyone!

I want to extend an invitation to all birders who are interested in joining
a Christmas Bird Count in the Red Wing/Frontenac State Park area on
Saturday, December 22, 2007.  We will be birding in the original count
circle, which also includes an area southwest of Red Wing.

The last Red Wing CBC was back in 1973. Carl Greiner and Steve Weston have
helped me arrange for a restored Red Wing count with Audubon, and at this
time we have 10 birders who want to participate. We still have to hear from
others, but I don't want to miss any of you who are interested. If you have
ever birded in this spectacular, beautiful area during any part of the year,
including winter, you will realize that it is very important to have it
included with our MN CBC's.

Please call me or e-mail me if you would like to join us. Leave a message on
voice mail, if necessary. I will contact you with the general details, and
contact you again with complete details a week before the count.

Thanks!

Laura Coble
507-263-4609
shearwater45 at frontiernet.net