[mou] New guest

Thomas Maiello thomas at ANGELEM.COM
Sat Nov 17 18:02:25 CST 2007

Got some feeders up finally in my Maple Grove digs and have reveled in
the abundance of Red-breasted Nuthatches and a variety of woodpeckers,
cardinals, my favorite chickadees, etc..   To my joy, not one house
sparrow or starling or grackle - Yay!  I am up to a hammocks in
squirrels and the squirrel wars have commenced.  Big fat, heavy,
aggressive and abundant gray squirrels.  Thank God I have years of
experience on setting up feeders resistant to the fuzzy tailed rat
bottomless pits of seed removal and bird chasers away.  I thought I
had it down pretty good when I was blessed with a squirrel - but this
one came at night and scurried about like it was on amphetamines.  A
quick Google on the subject revealed that I have seen and enjoyed at
close range a Flying Squirrel.  Does the fact that they fly count as a
bird sighting?  OK.  I was excited to see Rocky in the tree some 8
feet outside my office window and am waiting for Bullwinkle to drop
by.  Perhaps to polish of the hosta stubble the deers have left.

Blessings come in small packages.  Yes!

Thomas Maiello
Angel Environmental Management, Inc.
Maple Grove, MN