[mou] Olmstead County Solitaires

cjsteiny at comcast.net cjsteiny at comcast.net
Mon Nov 19 14:43:22 CST 2007

My husband and I found not one but TWO Townsend's Solitaires at noon today in the area described by Bob Ekblad - south and east of Oronoco, MN.  We spotted one as soon as we arrived and soon realized that there was more than one.  At one point, both birds were sitting in the same tree together, right above our car which was parked by the "Parcel A" sign. One is a bright-winged adult and the other, a drab-winged. We heard frequent calls and also heard them singing as they flitted about in a tree together. They aren't at all wary.  By the end, I walked right up to the tree where one was perched and looked at it from all angles and it still didn't fly away. It almost seemed like they were as curious about us as we were about them. Thank you for the good directions.

Cheri and Jim Steinmueller
Little Canada, Ramsey County