[mou] black-backed gulls update

Eckert K R eckertkr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 19:55:21 CST 2007

Both the 1st-winter Great Black-backed Gull and one 1st-winter Lesser
Black-backed were relocated late this afternoon in Duluth at the
mudflats at the corner of I-35 and I-535, east of 27th Ave West.
However, there was no sign of an Iceland or Thayer's gull, which were
reported here over the weekend. We (Bob Ekblad, Don Kienholz, and I)
estimated a total of about 350 gulls were present, the same number that
Dave & Lars Benson saw late Saturday afternoon. Bob also reported
seeing the Great Black-backed at this location around 10:00 this
morning.  - Kim Eckert