[mou] Bird Quotes

Julian Sellers JulianSellers at msn.com
Wed Nov 21 20:15:36 CST 2007

"The thrush in my back yard sings down his nose in liquid runs of melody,
over and over again, and I have the strongest impression that he does this
for his own pleasure. It is a meditative, questioning kind of music, and I
cannot believe that he is simply saying 'thrush here'."

Lewis Thomas (1913-1993) American physician, Dean of the medical schools of

Yale and New York Universities

Author, "Late Night Thoughts on Listening to Mahler's Ninth Symphony" (1983)

Julian