[mou] Plug for Fairmont CBC (Dec 15)

Brad Bolduan bbolduan at rconnect.com
Tue Nov 27 22:05:33 CST 2007

I'm not the hard sell type, but if you are looking to participate in a bird
count consider the Fairmont CBC on Dec 15.  Please contact me if interested.

We generally have more ground (and perhaps water) to cover than we have time
and people to cover it.  Although much of the area is crop land; there are
numerous (perhaps 16) lakes within our count circle, we have some woodland,
marsh, grain elevators, and even a few cemeteries.

Just to mention a few oddities about our count.  We had a peregrine before
we had a kestral.  We had a Bohemian Waxwing before Cedar Waxwing and had
Harris's Sparrows our first three years (1990-1992).

For those who enjoy finding birds not previously discovered on a count, you
have some opportunities here.  I am sure we miss rarer waterbirds hiding
among the flocks of waterfowl on occasion.  Any participant finding a
scoter, goshawk, kingfisher, meadowlark, snowy owl, brown thrasher, winter
wren, or towhee (any towhee) would be finding a species not previously found
on our count.

Hope to see you on the 15th,

Brad Bolduan