[mou] Duluth birds...

SCmzd at aol.com SCmzd at aol.com
Wed Oct 3 16:59:10 EDT 2007

10/3/07, Spent this AM on Minnesota Point in Duluth.  Turned up 10  Bald
Eagles, 5 Accipiters, 3 kestrels,
a few Lapland Longspurs, a few pipits, 100+ darkeyed juncos, first American
Tree Sparrow, 30+ Sanderlings,
2 Dunlins (plus 3 more possible dunlins foraging on the beach near the
airport, I say possibly because these were weird looking dunlins compared to the
two I found on the breakwater and foolishly, I want to believe that maybe they
were Western Sandpipers, but they were probably Dunlins, although again, they
 looked quite different plumage wise than the dunlins on the breakwater), 2
spotted sandpipers, and 1 ruddy turnstone.
All in all it was a great morning.  Happy birding to all.  Shawn  Z.