[mou] Some added features on website

Michael Hendrickson mlhendrickson at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 7 23:26:36 EDT 2007

Hello:

  I added two new features to the website.

  1. I added a Calendar where you can see what days birds were sighted and where.  I will be adding birding events in the northeast area and for out of town birders who are looking for a guide for the Duluth surrounding area I be adding days I already been hired on so you can schedule around those days I am busy.

  2. I added a google map detailing on a map bird sightings in the Duluth area. Here you cansee where birds like Sabine Gulls, Barrow's Goldeneye, Arctic Tern were found last weekend and I credit the birders who found these birds.  I will be updating this feature quite a lot!! Plus I will be adding more maps like bird locations in the Duluth vicinity, bird locations along the northshore and inland. I will post what birds to expect at these locations and best times to visit them.

  For new birders coming into Duluth who really never birded here before or places like the northshore and other locations it can be overwhelming.  So creating these google maps and linking them to my website seem like a good idea to aid birders visiting Duluth.  For now I just added 4 sightings but tomorrow I'll update more sightings and locations on the map.

  I hope this sounds like a good idea.

Mike Hendrickson
  Duluth, Minnesota
  Website: http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/