[mou] MOU Mille Lacs Trip 10/13
Pastor Al Schirmacher
pastoral at princetonfreechurch.net
Mon Oct 8 11:15:49 EDT 2007
Few details about the upcoming MOU Mille Lacs trip on Saturday, October
* We will meet at the Dairy Queen on 169, just north of Onamia and south of
the lake. We have management permission to park at the back of lot and
* The trip will last from 8:00 to approximately 12:00. It will proceed in
light rain and or fog - intense rain or fog could, of course, cause changes.
Nathan and I birded the lake this Saturday, and spent some time chasing
sparrows and passerines until the fog lifted around 10:30.
* We've had a couple of cancellations, so the trip is no longer full - could
probably take 3-5 additional people.
* We will be scanning the lake, probably from Onamia to Wealthwood, and
perhaps take a side trip (if necessary) into a surrounding wildlife area or
state park (latter requires a sticker). Loons tend to be the stars in
mid-October, and Red-throated or Pacific are a strong possibility - but not
* You may wish to wear some orange, there could be some hunting in the area
(but it's generally light in the birding zones).
* Look forward to seeing you there!
Mille Lacs & Sherburne Counties
More information about the mou-net