[mou] Townsend's Solitaire, etc, on North Shore

Jim Lind jslind at frontiernet.net
Wed Oct 10 21:09:16 EDT 2007

This afternoon Kim Eckert and I found a Townsend's Solitaire along
Scenic Highway 61 in Knife River.  It was on the north side of the
road about a block east of Emily's Restaurant (which is now closed,
but is apparently reopening in a few months).

A Nelson's Sharp-tailed Sparrow and a Le Conte's Sparrow were seen at
the new McQuade Road public access, near the resort on the north side
of Scenic 61.  Another Le Conte's Sparrow was seen at the solitaire
location.

A Black-backed Woodpecker flew by the west end of Stoney Point, and
three groups of migrating Sandhill Cranes were seen between Stoney
Point and Larsmont, totaling 29 individuals.  We saw six warbler
species, including a late Yellow Warbler at Knife River.

Jim Lind
Two Harbors