[mou] Northern Shrike, Lapland Longspurs and American Pipits in Chisago County

Williams, Bob BXWilliams at CBBURNET.COM
Fri Oct 12 19:47:48 EDT 2007

This morning I went to the sod farm where Bob Ekblad found the Buff-breasted Sandpipers earlier this fall.  This is on Jeffery Ave. just north of Hwy 95 east of North Branch in Chisago County.  There were several Lapland Longspurs flying overhead and on the ground on the east side of the road where the dirt has been turned.  On the way back to Hwy 95 I found an immature Northern Shrike.  Later in the day I found American Pipits at the North Branch sewage ponds.  Some of the pipits were perched on the fence which is something I have not seen before.
Bob Williams, Bloomington