[mou] Red-throated Loons

Michael Hendrickson mlhendrickson at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 17 23:07:16 EDT 2007

Saw two Red-throated Loons off the 2nd boardwalk from the airport buildings at Park Point. One of the loons swam fairly close to beach and I was able to determine it was a imm. loon and the other loon was adult going into a transitional molt between breeding plumage and winter plumage. The throat looked real botchy on the adult bird and I was able to detect some reddish coloration on the throat a few times.

  Also I saw 8 Snow Buntings behind the West Duluth Kmart store today and on Monday I had some Bohemian waxwings fly over my house.

Mike Hendrickson
  Duluth, Minnesota
  Website: http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/
  Local Bird Guide