[mou] Grouse

tlac5748 at aol.com tlac5748 at aol.com
Sat Oct 20 20:41:10 EDT 2007

I'm pretty sure I saw a Ruffed Grouse today approx 3:35 PM in Roseville.? I was going S.?on St. Croix St. to get onto Hwy 280 (never went this was before, work close by).? I slowed @ the "Y", I was confused?& in a hurry, when suddenly a ground bird took to flight right in front of my car (not?very high) into the bushes straight ahead.??It had a fanned tail, barred, muted color?(grayish brown). I was in BWCA 2 wks ago & saw several Ruffed Grouse.? If not, what could it be?

PS I think I saw a?Great Gray?on Ensign Lake BWCA (it was in a bare tree -8ft? high-?no 'horns' after 11AM). Cool. Couldn't see much paddling with a dog!