[mou] Odd Bird - ID help please

Ben Parke trumpetplayers at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 20 22:06:44 EDT 2007

I was at the Spring Peeper Meadow and Hwy 7 and MN 41 in Chanhassen today and saw a rather odd bird.  The closest match in my bird book was a sage thrasher which is quite impossible.  I found the bird in the sumac bushes on the woodchip trail right before the boardwalk.  Sadly, I did not have a camera with me and I don't have a picture to post.  It was grayish-brown on the back, dark middle of eye with goldish ring around the center, no distinct wing markings, streakish breast, black bill with slight downturn at end, but not as long as a brown thrasher.  About the size of a brown thrasher however.

  Ben
  P.S. Going back tomorrow barring rain to try and get a photo of it.

http://mail.yahoo.com