[mou] Non-raptors at Hawk Ridge, Duluth

Debbie Waters dlpwaters at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 23 00:02:52 EDT 2007

Hi folks,
Counter Karl Bardon cannot resist counting everything that migrates past the
ridge.not just the raptors!  For those interested in keep tabs on his
tallies, go to our website at www.hawkridge.org and click on "See the Raptor
Count".  Here are the species and numbers for non-raptors today:

3 Northern Shrikes, 151 American Robins, 57 Rusty Blackbirds, 41 Snow
Buntings, 934 American Crows, 64 Common Ravens, 17 Eastern Bluebirds, 23
Black-backed Woodpeckers, 3 American Three-toed Woodpeckers, 3 Hairy
Woodpeckers, 19 Pine Grosbeaks, 7 Common Loons, 14 Red Crossbills, 3
Sandhill Cranes

We also had several Harlan's viewed at the ridge today, including in the
hand.

Highlights of each day are posted to our group at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hawkridge/.

Happy hawkwatching!
Debbie

__________________________