[mou] Duluth Weekend Report

Scott Loss scottrloss at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 15:27:54 EDT 2007

A belated report from the weekend of the 20-21st:    At Park Point Saturday, I saw many of the same birds mentioned in previous  posts, including a Red-throated Loon off of 36th St. (but no Pacific Loon).  Additionally, I found 2 female-type Black Scoter's at 36th. Two more Black  Scoters and 1 White-winged Scoter were also observed in the harbor from the  8th St. access.    At the 40th Ave. impoundment were Rusty Blackbirds and numerous dabbling  ducks (Pintail, Wigeon, Shoveler, Am. Black Duck, Green-winged Teal).    I searched for Black-backed Woodpeckers and Boreal Chickadees at Hawk Ridge  without succes on the 20th; however, during a 15-minute visit on the 21st,  I observed one of each species from the north overlook (along the ridge (yellow)  loop).    Scott Loss  St. Paul

http://mail.yahoo.com