[mou] Red-throated Loon still present

Eckert K R eckertkr at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 17:15:27 EDT 2007

The Red-throated Loon, which has been present for several days at Park
Point in Duluth, was seen again today on L Superior from the 12th
Street beach access. Also seen today from this location was a
Short-eared Owl which flew in off the lake and was lost from sight
behind the dunes several blocks to the south of 12th St. I was unable
to relocate the Pacific Loon which had been seen again on Saturday on
the lake out from 22nd St. on Park Point.

It appears that the big Black-backed Woodpecker influx along the North
Shore (especially during the previous 2 days!) has either peaked or the
weather today was just not conducive to much movement. I am aware of
only 5 or 6 individuals being seen this morning between Duluth and
Knife River, and I could only find 2 Boreal Chickadees.

Kim Eckert