[mou] St Louis County Spruce Grouse

Dee Kuder dkuder at citlink.net
Mon Oct 29 12:12:35 EDT 2007

Saw a beautiful female Spruce Grouse over the weekend. The location was in
northern St Louis County about 6 miles south of the Echo Trail (county road
116) on Forest Road 471. We saw the Spruce Grouse while on the road before
taking the Norway Hiking Trail. See map at:
http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/superior/recreation/hiking/documents/norwayt
railrog.pdf  on the hiking trail we also saw 6 Pine Grosbeaks in the pines
and a flock of about 20 Redpolls in the birch trees. Next weekend is opening
firearms deer hunting season so I wouldn't recommend hiking unless you wear
blaze orange.

Dee Kuder

Crane Lake, MN