[mou] Three Three-toed Woodpeckers for Isabella

cgreiner at mchsi.com cgreiner at mchsi.com
Tue Oct 30 15:27:04 EDT 2007

How right you are! My apologies to the Virginia crew and the Grand Marais crew
as the both counts saw an American 3-toed Woodpecker last year. As I was
comparing our numbers to those counted in other states to emphasize the point
that Minnesota is the best state in the lower 48 for 3-toed Woodpeckers on the
CBC I used the National Audubon Data and thus inadvertently left out our hardy
CBC's in the Iron Range and on the North Shore. The important thing to remember
is that we only beat Montana by 1 woodpecker last year in the National data so
rub some suet and peanut butter on your parka and sign up for a Minnesota CBC.
Contact your local Audubon Chapter, the MOU CBC Coordinator,
  Carl Greiner at (507) 271-8286, or visit the MOU CBC website at
   http://www.moumn.org/CBC/  for more information
  or to sign up.