[mou] VERY ODD-Plumaged Warbler (Hennepin Co.)

alyssa tiger150 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 1 14:33:16 EDT 2007

A bird caught my attention in my maple tree. When I got my binocs on it, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. A warbler--a Vermivora warbler due to its probing technique--which has a mostly-white head with olive speckles on it, a white spot on at least one of its wings, and an olive wash on its breast which blended into a white with white under-tail coverts. I have NEVER seen anything like this! Either a Nashville or a Tennesee, but due to the white head I cannot note any facial features. If anyone would like to come take pictures of it today, please e-mail me for directions. My address is 6701 Glenwood Avenue. Any help would be appretiated in ID or pics. Thanks!!

Alyssa DeRubeis
Golden Valley