[mou] Park Pt. update and other spots

Michael Hendrickson mlhendrickson at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 3 18:11:25 EDT 2007

The Whimbrels were seen foraging on the ballfields most of the afternoon. Spent time at Lafayette Square scanning for jaegers and gulls on this light east wind day and saw zilch but did see a woman take pictures of herself topless using her cell phone camera.

  Went to Interstate Island and could not locate the Red Knots but did see a Ruddy Turnstone, Least and Baird's Sandpipers.  Counted 50 Common Terns, saw two Caspian Terns and a three Bonaparte's Gulls.  At 27th Ave West/mouth of the Miller Creek near the waste management area I found a Stilt Sandpiper and a Lesser Yellowlegs.

Mike Hendrickson
  Duluth, Minnesota
  Website: http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/
  Local Bird Guide