[mou] Long-tailed Jaeger not present

patrick.beauzay at ndsu.edu patrick.beauzay at ndsu.edu
Tue Sep 4 10:01:29 EDT 2007

Hello all,

A few groups of birders and I waited and searched all day yesterday for
the Long-tailed Jaeger near Agassiz NWR, but could not find it. We waited
for the bird at 260th and 180th between 5:00 and 7:00 p.m. but it did not
show itself.

Shorebird numbers and diversity are down from previous reports - mainly
Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs. Other birds of note are a juvenile Sabine's
Gull spotted by Kim Riesen on the east pool near the refuge headquarters.
This is presumably the same bird reported a few days ago. Also found here
were 8 Red-necked Phalaropes. Several family groups of Black-billed
Magpies (30 birds total) were present at 260th and 180th, and a Merlin
flew past as we were all watching for the jaeger.

Good Birding!

Pat

Patrick Beauzay
Department of Entomology