[mou] Central MN warblers

Pastor Al Schirmacher pastoral at princetonfreechurch.net
Wed Sep 5 10:32:53 EDT 2007

10 warblers along the Milaca Hiking Trails this morning, generally "onesies
and twosies" - Orange-crowned was new for fall (couple of juvy
Yellow-rumpeds as well, sigh).

The following warblers have been abundant so far this fall:

* Tennessee
* Nashville
* Chestnut-sided
* Blackburnian
* Black-and-white
* American Redstart
* Ovenbird
* Wilson's
* Canada

The following have been scarce:

* Blue-winged (we are on northern edge of their range, but they do nest
here)
* Golden-winged (they slip out quietly)
* Orange-crowned (but it's early)
* Black-throated Blue (I'm dreaming; only had one in four fall migrations
here)
* Black-throated Green (much lower than previous years)
* Palm (none to date, but early)
* Bay-breasted (single bird)
* Blackpoll
* Northern Waterthrush (normally common during fall migration here)

Rest have occured in "normal" numbers.

Good birding to all, even those who dislike questions.

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN
Mille Lacs & Sherburne Counties