[mou] Sabine's Gull in Duluth

Eckert K R eckertkr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 11:47:00 EDT 2007

I observed a juvenile Sabine's Gull this morning on L Superior out from
the Park Point Recreation Area. It was seen at 9:00 am and again about
9:30, and it is quite possible 2 individuals were involved. Otherwise,
the lake was pretty quiet while I was there for ~2 hours: a couple of
Bonaparte's Gulls and a dozen or so Common Terns, plus a few other
terns too far out to ID. Lots of passerines in the woods and a probable
fly-by Buff-breasted Sandpiper with Am Golden-Plovers going N past the
ballfields.  - Kim Eckert